Wednesday, July 14, 2010

You can tell I have a toddler....

because I can't seem to find time to post on here lately!! :)

My little toddler is amazing. She is so much fun!! Here's some recent happenings in the life of Abigail.

"MELMO & LO-DER"
Almost two months ago when visiting San Antonio for Memorial Day, Grandma Mac hit the jackpot by giving Abigail an adorable plush Cookie Monster. Cookie Monster quickly has become her favorite, and although we always call him Cookie or Cookie Monster... she exclaims when seeing him "Lo-DER" because she also has a Sesame Street remote control which upon pressing the Cookie Monster button he says "HELLO THERE!" hence... Lo-Der.

Because of her love of her stuffed Cookie Monster... I thought she would find it exciting to learn that he is also a television star so we began watching Sesame Street (which I LOVE!). Enter: Elmo. (aka MEL-MO, and MO-MO)

What Toddler could possibly watch Sesame Street and not fall in love with this furry red monster? Cookie Monster IS still her favorite and she gets excited whenever he plays a role on the show (which is NOT often enough), even when he isn't on an episode she gets excited to see him in the opening credits. A lovely friend from our church learned that Abigail was an Elmo fan and has started handing down all of her son's Elmo stuff to us. We are officially an Elmo/Cookie Monster household. I don't mind so much! (yet!)

"ASHES, ASHES, ASHES"


The Library storytime has introduced Abigail to "Ring Around the Rosie" and now she walks around singing "Ashes... Ashes... Ashes... Ashes... Ashes..." repeatedly then falling down at various intervals. Because of this I have started putting pillows on the floor to protect her from our hard wood floors during these Ashes episodes. Now she LOVES to face plant into the pillows and has recently discovered the joys of doing this in bed (with some help from Daddy). She now asks to be put in bed at different parts of the day just to play... it's really cute! I love playing with her in our guest bed because it is up against a wall, I lay on the side adjacent from the wall and let her go nuts on the pillows without fear of her falling off. This is a really great game when mommy is sweaty and exhausted from house work! (or just plain lazy)

DRESS UP

My sweet girly girl loves to play dress up! She likes trying to put bows in her hair or her doll's hair and pretty much anything that can fit on her head is a hat: pots, bowls, shirts, I even found her modeling a lovely pair of underwear the other day (don't worry it was clean!). She also loves necklaces! We went to a Hawaiian themed story time a couple weeks ago where she got a cheap lei necklace, now anything remotely resembling a necklace goes around her neck. (which scares me to death because my mom said when I was little I nearly hung myself by pretending the cord hanging from the blinds was a necklace!) I have to keep a close watch on her and hazardous necklaces around the house.

I could go on and on about all the cute things she does.... like saying hi to pretty much anyone or anything we encounter as well as saying "bye bye" to her toys as she puts them away or the playground when we have to leave. Or her cute little hands turned up as she says "Where go?" playing peek-a-boo any chance she gets. She is so sweet and loving and I love that she loves me. I love hearing her "Mama" and getting her hugs... On Saturday I was sick and Dusty was in charge... she kept knocking on the bedroom door and saying "mama." Dusty said she was worried about me. I am trying to soak up all this love and adoration as long as I can before it turns to the exasperated "Mooooooommmm."

I'll try to post more, this summer has been so incredibly busy, but fun! I love my little family so much. I LOVE MY LIFE!!!! Now back to the exciting world of laundry. ;)

No comments: