Friday, July 17, 2009

Sweet Deal, Sweet Potatoes, and Sweet Girl!

We are now two weeks into introducing solid foods, and it's going great. Abigail loves to eat and makes the cutest little content noises while she gobbles down whatever we give her.

After a few feedings in the bumbo seat, I was ready for a high chair. We had been given a hand-me-down high chair from Dusty's boss but until recently did not realize the straps were missing. Probably not a big deal for an older baby, but being so small, Abigail could slip through the leg holes if not strapped in! So the hunt to buy a high chair was on. I scowered reviews online and headed out with one goal a week ago to come home with a high chair. I went to Babies R Us, Kid 2 Kid (Consignment Store), Wal-Mart, and TWO Targets and still came home empty handed! Why was it so difficult to find a chair in stock, with good reviews, at or under $100, with no Winnie the Pooh's all over it?!?! Finally at Target I found a suitable chair. I even let Abigail try it out and she loved it! Relieved to be able to check off the sole item on the day's to-do list I headed to the cashier. But after scanning the chair, the clerk told me I could not buy my high chair because there was a recall on it. I was so bummed but didn't want to buy anything unsafe anyway and headed home to feed Abigail in the bumbo once again.

I decided to look up the recall online to see what the problem was, but could not find a recall for this chair anywhere! I called the manufacturer's (Graco) customer service where I was told that Target was wrong, there had been no recall! urgh!

As frustrating as all that was, it turns out it worked out for the best. Because when I returned to Target this week to buy the chair (with Graco's number in hand) I found it on sale for $63!!! (Regularly $100)

Enjoy these pics of Abigail in her new high chair, which she loves, eating sweet potatoes made by mommy!

No comments: