So most anyone who knows us by now knows that Abigail (just shy of her 16 month birthday) has been very slow to walk. She is just so timid and clingy... and a really fast crawler... so she's had no reason or desire to "let go."
Dusty and I have been trying to work with her on this and have gotten her down to one-hand walking pretty successfully. (Before that it was a two-handed death grip)
Sunday evening we were practicing going back and forth between Mommy and Daddy. We try to get her to let go, usually it's only a second between switching hands between Mommy and Daddy, but now I can say she has definitely had some first STEPS ALL ON HER OWN! She would take about 2, maybe three steps before falling into our arms, and hasn't done it again yet, but it's a start! I'm hoping that now that she has seen that she CAN do it on her own, she will have more confidence to try again. Already I am seeing more of an interest in walking since she pushed her baby doll stroller around all day yesterday. It will be really soon now, I know it! Then we will have to baby proof the house all over again!
1 comment:
Go, Abigail, Go! (And Spurs, too--they should go, too.)
Post a Comment