Abigail turned 16 months old last Friday. Wow... She is really officially a toddler now. Every morning when I get her out of bed I think to myself how much she has changed. She is looking less like a baby and more like a little girl. I have to say though that I am so enjoying this stage. She is so funny and fun to be around! She loves her expanding vocabulary! As soon as I pick her up in the morning she starts pointing and labeling, "Hi! Mama!.... Clock!....Duck!....Baby!....Ball!....Eyes!" It's like that's her way of having a conversation with me, just labeling things. I've been trying to compile a list of all the words/sounds/signs she knows, but it is difficult because it seems to grow everyday! Here is what I have come up with so far at 16 months old.
ACTUAL WORDS
Daddy (Dah)
Mama
Baby (Day-Day)
Ball (Bah... and sometimes for some reason she says, Bah Bah)
Hi/Hey
Bye Bye
Clock
Duck
Fish (Ish)
Please (psss)
Thank You (dank oo)
Book
More (mo)
Milk (mik)
Car
Eyes (eyessss)
Grandma (ok, she's said it once, but it was clear as day)
Right There (rye der)
Uh-Oh
SIGNS
Airplane
All-Done
Ball
Banana
Bath
Bird
Bed
Book
Car
Cat
Cracker
Daddy
Dog
Drink
Eat
Frog
Hat
Help
Light
Milk
More
Phone
Please
Thank You
ANIMAL SOUNDS
Cat – Mowww
Dog – Ruff Ruff Ruff
Cow – Moooo
Duck – Kak Kak Kak
Sheep – Baaa
Fish – (this is the cutest thing... she smacks her lips repeatedly... sooo precious)
Pig – oink (basically just makes the “k” sound)
Horse – Nay
Elephant – not so much a sound as she puts her arm like a trunk and lifts it up while grunting
Monkey – Oooo Oooo Oooo
Car – Ok, not an animal... but a sound.... she'll say “Rooom Rooommmm Rooom”
Lion/Tiger – Both sound the same “Rawr”
Body parts she can identify:
Eyes
Nose
Ears
Mouth
Head
Toes
Hair
Songs she can do the motions to:
Patty Cake
Itsy bitsy Spider
Happy and You Know It
Wise Man Built his house upon the rock
Be Careful Little Eyes...
So maybe I'm biased.... but that's pretty genius right?!?!
1 comment:
That's pretty AND it's genius. Good job, Abigail! (And good job, Mommy and Daddy!)
Post a Comment