Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Vacation Bible School


Last week Abigail attended her first ever Vacation Bible School! I decided to let her try it out on Monday and since she loved it we went back every day with the exception of Wednesday because we needed a day to recoup. I was so proud of Abigail, she did so well in class. I stayed in with her because she is still so tiny (we had to prop her up in the seat with a blanket) and nearly all of the other kids in the class are at least 1 year old so they are a lot bigger than her.

I think the whole experience was the most excitement Abigail's ever experienced in her short life. She loved watching the other babies and playing with all the new toys. Some of her favorites were:

- Turning the pages of the Bible ("B-I-B-L-E")
- Playing with the "globe" beach ball ("He's got the Whole World...")
- Spinning the wheels on the cars ("This is the way we go to church...")

She had so much fun and it was good for me to get more ideas of what to do at home. Since Abigail and I play with the same toys everyday I didn't realize what she was capable of! So I went out and bought a beach ball that Daddy and I push back and forth with Abigail's help. And I also got her very own first Bible so we can turn the pages of the B-I-B-L-E at home!

After seeing how much she enjoyed VBS, I took her to Bible Class on Sunday morning. We may become regulars there depending on the day and her naps... I'll probably wait to introduce Wednesday night Bible Class since it starts at 7:00 which is her typical bedtime!

I took my camera to VBS on Thursday to take a picture of Abigail and it wouldn't turn on. I figured the batteries were dead, so that night I re-loaded with new ones and took it to VBS on Friday where again it would not turn on. This is how I determined that my camera was broken. :( Lucikly, Melissa, (whose daughter, Leah was sitting next to Abigail) sent me some pics she got of Abigail. Sorry they're not the best quality but at least you can see those bright eyes taking it all in!

Here's a picture of Abigail's Bible and her "being careful turning the pages" :)

No comments: