Saturday, June 6, 2009

Wheel of Whimsy!

As you know from a previous post, Abigail has never been a big fan of tummy time. She's gotten better, but it takes a lot of energy to keep her entertained while on her tummy. I saw the Lamaze Spin & Explore Garden Gym at One Step Ahead and thought it looked like a lot of fun, but was not about to spend $50! (Or even the current sale price of $35... plus shipping) But while visiting a second-hand kids store the other day I found a slightly used one for only $15!

It's been good for Abigail not only because it gives her tummy time, but it's a new toy. She's starting to get bored of some of her other ones because I use them so much. I don't blame her, she's mastered the "jungle gym" we have, and there's only so many times you can swat at that tiger. We still use the other play mats, but this was just added to the mix. This Saturday morning Dusty was asking what I usually do with her, and I pointed to the "wheel of whimsy," which is a circle of toys I've made on the living room rug. We just rotate from one play spot to the next!

Here's a video of her first go at the Spin & Explore Gym. She's gotten a lot better at spinning since our first try.

No comments: