What a busy weekend!! Several new developments have unfolded in the Crumpton household:
(1) Abigail participated in her first professional sporting event by attending the Texas Rangers game with us and the Caseys Friday night. She did WONDERFUL! I took her in my Ergo carrier and she was so wide-eyed at everything. I don't think I've ever seen her eyes so big! She was just taking it all in. Around the 4th inning I walked her around and she fell asleep but unfortuantely (or fortunately depending on how you look at it) the Rangers scored a homerun in the 6th inning and she was awoken by all the cheers and fireworks. We ended up leaving in the 7th inning so she could get to bed, but we had such a fun time.
(2) Since the last post Abigail has perfected her crawl. No new videos of it yet, but Saturday morning as Dusty and I were talking we looked over to see her dart across the entire room. She has begun chasing Max... it's quite funny. She gets really excited when she sees him and starts towards him at top speed. He stands his ground until she gets in petting range then darts off. However, he always stays in the same room and I see this as a good sign. If he really didn't like her he would go to another room or under the bed, he's just not so sure about her touching him yet. We need to have some serious "gentle" lessons with her.
(3) The past two days or so Abigail has been pulling up on her crib to her knees when I come in to get her after a nap, but on Saturday she finally made it to her feet. I came in and saw her leaning over the crib rail on her feet and immediately told Dusty it's time to move the crib mattress down. This turned out to be a bigger project than we had hoped as Dusty had to take the entire crib apart to move it down. Our crib has 3 different heights, but Dusty convinced me to put it on the lowest level because he didn't want to have to take everything apart again in a couple months. I agreed, but now I have to admit that it's hard seeing her bed like that. When I walk into her room it looks like such a big girl bed and not my little baby bed. I don't know why I struggle with this so much... I absolutely love the stage she's in right now, but she is quickly leaving her "baby"ness behind. On the up-side though comes all the wonderful interactions we get to have with her. She has such a sweet sweet spirit, and I am so proud to be her mommy.

No comments:
Post a Comment