Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Trip to Arizona!

So I'm finally getting around to posting about Abigail's first out-of-state trip to Arizona! Over the Labor Day weekend me and Abigail flew out to Phoenix where we met up at the airport with Grandma Mac to spend the weekend with Abigail's great grandparents, Nana and Poppo! Unfortunately our plane had a layover both ways so that meant 4 take-offs and 4 landings. Abigail did "ok," sleeping through half of the pressure changes and suffering through the other half. I nursed her and gave her water to try and help with the ear popping, but she had caught the beginnings of her cold while in Phoenix so the trip home was especially painful and difficult. However, I think it bothered Mommy more than it bothered her! Dealing with the time change was also a struggle... forget any kind of schedule on this trip! And sleeping through the night in a hotel? Forget about it! Although Mommy was very tired at times, Abigail still really enjoyed meeting her Great Nana and Great Poppo and of course captured their hearts as well.

I loved seeing Nana and Poppo too, but I have to say my favorite part of the trip was Saturday night at the hotel with Mom. After Abigail was asleep we ordered a pizza a bought a movie. It was fun to have girl time with just me and Mom. :)

Two funny tidbits...

(1)At church on Sunday I was a little nervous to drop her off at bible class, but felt confident she'd do fine. When I went to pick her up I asked the teacher how she was, and she said "She did good, ya know I think she might be teething." YA THINK?!? :)

(2)Our hotel was hosting a "Little People of America" convention!! I always watch Little People, Big World and The Little Couple on tv, but rarely do I actually see one little person in real life, let alone hundreds! Ok, so maybe I didn't see hundreds, but they were all over the place and it was pretty cool. They seemed to really be enjoying themselves getting together with friends. It was a neat experience.

Unfortunately, Labor Day weekend was a pretty busy travel weekend and Mom and I experienced some not so friendly airport employees. Ok, just one in particular at the gate, and some really rotten car rental service. (DO NOT USE BUDGET RENTAL!) It was stressful because mom and I didn't even get to really say goodbye...however all in all it was a good trip, but I am happy to be home. Plus, we missed Daddy sooooo much! (He had gone to College Station to see his family) Glad to have the Crumpton Trip back together again. :)

Check out pictures from our trip on Flickr!

No comments: