However, the doctor was a wee bit concerned about her weight. Here are her stats:
Weight - 15 lbs. (less than 3%)
Height - 28 inches (75%)
Head - 42.5 cm (10%)
At her 4 month check up her weight was in the 25th percentile, at her 6 month it was in the 5th... and now it is less than 3%. So she's gaining weight, but her growth chart curve is leveling off. I was worried about it that day and got pretty emotional, but now I'm convinced everything is fine. Dusty was the same way when he was little, and in all other regards Abigail is growing perfectly, so I'm not gonna fret over a growth chart. Doc didn't seem that worried either, he just reccomended I start feeding her a solid three meals a day and push finger foods. She's been doing great with that! I'll have to get some video of it soon. Although I don't have any good pics of her feeding herself, here's some various high chair pics from a our eating out adventures.


2 comments:
Yeah Bonnie, don't worry about the growth chart. Bronco ended up falling off the charts and his stupid (former) pediatrician even diagnosed him with some kidney disease. I switched to a different pediatrician a couple of towns away, and she wasn't concerned about it. As soon as he could drink whole milk, he starting putting on weight. Did you know that the growth chart (from what I was told) is based on formula fed babies. There's a chart for breastfed babies online from the World Health Organization...they just gain weight more slowly than formula babies, especially once they start moving around. So, yes, try to make sure she's getting her calories (like you are doing), but don't worry about it if she's acting happy! I'm glad your dr. isn't freaking out about it. http://www.who.int/childgrowth/standards/en/
Hmmm... interesting. So according to that ^^ chart, she would be somewhere near the 25th percentile. Thanks, Kathi!!
Post a Comment