Saturday, April 11, 2009

Date Night

Last night Dusty and I had a great date night! We took Abigail to the Holderbys house where she was spoiled and cuddled all night, while we had a lovely dinner and enjoyed a wonderful performance of the ballet, Giselle, by Lake Cities Ballet (our friend Heather's ballet company). For dinner we went to Frilly's, Dusty's favorite cajun seafood spot. During dinner Dusty asked me, "do you every few seconds have this freak out moment where you think... where's Abigail?!?" It was funny, because it definitely felt like something was missing. People told us that after we had a baby we wouldn't remember what life was like without her. That's not completely true, as we still REMEMBER what life was like, but it's hard to imagine her not being a part of our family now.

It was difficult, but I resisted the urge to call and check on her before the ballet. Karen though, being a mom herself, was kind enough to send me the following text message: "She's doing great... What a sweet baby! You are truly blessed. Hope ya'll are having fun." I saw the message during intermission and it put my mind to rest.

We had a really really nice time, but I was so happy to have my baby back in my arms at the end of the night. I rocked her and rocked her... even after she fell asleep, I still rocked her just soaking her in. Karen is absoultely right, we are so blessed.

(Even though we are still waiting on the professional 3 month photographs from Laura, I thought everyone might enjoy some 3 month photos I took myself! Click here to see them on Flickr.)

No comments: