Saturday, April 25, 2009

"Gasp! A Permanant Pacifier Attached to My Hand!"

Well I think we may have a thumb-sucker on our hands! For weeks now Abigail has been knawing on her fist. I wrote it off to fascination with her hands and the possibility of teething beginning. Today, while we were out to lunch with Grandma and Grandpa Crumpton I looked over and saw that Abigail discovered that instead of putting her whole fist in her mouth, the thumb fit quite nicely. In fact... the thumb was a lot like a pacifier! She seemed so proud of herself. After lunch, the girls went shopping. The entire trip to two different stores and in the car, Abgiail sucked her thumb.

At one point I tried to take her thumb out and put her pacifier in, but she spit her pacifier out and stuck her thumb back in!!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Against my will, both my kids became thumbsuckers! The good thing is that it immediately helped them sleep through the night better! It's also so completely adorable (at least for now)!! I dread trying to break them of it.